Fire Department Connection | Water Support.
A fire department connection is a pipe system that allows the fire department to supplement
existing water sources, flowing water into any water-based fire system. In case of any fire, a
hose line can be connected to the FDC, pumping additional water into the fire sprinkler,
suppressing fire more effectively.
Different Parts of an FDC:
- Main piping to the sprinkler system
- Check valve
- Inlet body, which consists of swivels, inlets, outlet, and the body connecting all parts
Types of FDCs:
- Exposed FCDs attached to the outside of a building to be easily accessed by fire fighters
- Freestanding connections located outside a building but standing apart, connected through a buried pipe
- Flush connections attached to the building’s wall, sitting behind the wall with only the swivels exposed
|FIRE DEPARTMENT CONNECTION